The Days of C & J and now lil L

The Days of C & J and now lil L
Landrey Lyn Loerakker 09/29/2010

Our little peanut in a nutshell

Our little peanut in a nutshell
So far her growth to date

Working on year 2

Working on year 2

Just a day in our life

Just a day in our life

My wonderful husband

My wonderful husband

Monday, May 21, 2012

Remembering when

Trying to remember when I actually had my first interest of photography. I can't remember if it was because my mother didn't have many baby pictures of me or was it when my mother would make up for not having pictures of me that she then realized she needed a better camera to finally start taking more pictures of us and capturing our memories.  We have many funny and memorable moments because of her willingness to capture  some good and some not so good moments.  Perhaps it was her who inspired both my sister and I. Or perhaps could it have been when my sister took  photography in high school and her getting her first camera. I actually think she is the one who inspired me. She has always had a great eye and unforeseen vision. She made photography in our family a competition.   Every time we would get together with the family we'd both fight to see who could take the most and best pictures. Not really, fight but it was a competition we enjoyed.  It's become known that when we get together we will have lots of poses and lots of camera time. Our brothers are all to familiar with how we operate.

Since the recent passing of my brother  and us pulling all of our pictures of him together we reflect back to the real purpose all those pictures.  It's about sharing and being with family, cherish those you have, love and listen to what's around you because one day all you will have are those pictures and the memories.
I remember our camera when we were little it was a huge contraption that we all had to lug around in it's case which was a Minolta. (My sister remembered the brand) I just remember it was huge.  I also remember us having a poloroid well mostly because they were cool and I remember having one of my first cameras which was a cheap 110 camera. I just remember I wanted one because my sister had one and I had to copy her. I don't remember getting those developed often but somehow I managed to have some pictures.  I also remember as kids we'd have family time by watching all of our pictures on a huge projector and the reason I remember was because I always had to put those slides in the bin. LOL!!!

When Jason and I got married all we had was a little Canon point and shoot camera. I wore that sucker out.We've gone through a couple point and shoots Now Jason has realized how much of a passion I have for this photography thing he has upgraded me to a real camera the Canon 60d and let me tell you it has brought a whole new meaning to my photography. I whip that sucker out for everything. It travels everywhere I go and now we only go places where I think Ican  capture fabulous shots. LOL! The first night I had it, it even slept with me. I should have had Jason take a picture of it. It was funny. Jason said the next morning, babe you slept with your camera. LOL!!!

Well, since having Landrey and becoming a mom it's turned a simple hobby into a passion. I'm nothing fabulous yet, but just a mom with a camera and self taught wanna be photographer, mommarazzi and blog stakler.  I just enrolled in a couple classes and can't wait to learn more and more.  In the mean time, I hope to meet many local photographers with the same passion that I do.  Seems that there are a lot of moms out there who start just like me. I already met a self taught professional photographer who has already inspired me to not give up my dream (well, besides my sister). She has a lot to teach me about capturing moments and not just poses but also how to turn this hobby into a real business.  I am ready to soak up whatever she has to share.

I also signed up to attend a very popular woman's conference for wanna be and professional photographers. So excited my sister will be able to share this experience with me. Can't believe we will actually be doing a women's conference together but not only that but doing a photographer's conference. This will be an unbelievable experience with my sister. I am so excited for her to join me along this journey. She is my true inspiration. Looking forward to meeting new people and getting more great ideas from people just like me.
I hope you all don't lose patience with my blogs and updates but I am just excited mostly just to share my photos and just capturing some of the most precious moments in my life.

Thanks to all for taking the time to read this too.... enjoy my latest pics of Landrey.










Cyssi

No comments:

Post a Comment